Melbourne Lawyers and Mediators has been involved in a variety of workplace employment and unfair dismissal matters. We can assist with:
- Drafting employment contracts, terms and conditions
- Advising you and Providing representation for cases of unfair dismissal
- Drafting and negotiating the resolution of industrial and workplace disputes
- Offering advice for workplace contracts, including termination of employment
- Drafting terms and conditions of internet and email usage
- Discrimination and harassment issues
Applying for Unfair Dismissal
If you have been unfairly dismissed from your employment or were forced to resign because of something that your employer did, you may be able to file an unfair dismissal application to the Fair Work Commission for reinstatement or compensation. Your dismissal from employment may be considered unfair if your dismissal was harsh, unjust or unreasonable, and was not a case of genuine redundancy.
It is critical that you lodge an unfair dismissal application within 21 days of your dismissal becoming effective. This means that day one commences the day following your dismissal. If you are considering file an application for unfair dismissal you should make an urgent appointment to see one of our lawyers who will assist you.
If you have missed the deadline, the Commission may extend the time period for lodging the application only if the Commission is satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances for not lodging the application on time.