Being charged with a criminal offence is often a horrible experience, and one you shouldn’t have to endure alone.
Navigating complex evidence rules, court applications and procedures and trying to defend yourself is daunting at the best of times, let alone when you are in a vulnerable position after being charged.
Melbourne Layers & Mediators are here to listen. We have extensive criminal law and court experience and understand that there are often multiple needs of clients in this situation. We offer a compassionate, efficient and holistic approach to matters involving criminal charges, including liaising with support services to help our clients ‘get back on track.’
We brief barristers in some criminal matters. Our barristers are hand-picked from the various lists because they are the best at what they do. We have established strong relationships with counsel based on mutual respect and trust. We do not risk people’s future by engaging barristers we haven’t used before.
If you’re facing criminal charges or have other needs within the criminal justice jurisdiction, come and talk to one of our experienced and understanding lawyers. They’ll be able to help you out with driving and vehicle offences, assault, theft, breach of orders, drugs, sexual assault, robbery and homicide offences.
We can handle all areas of criminal law, including:
- Traffic and Vehicle Offences – e.g. careless driving, driving while disqualified/suspending, drink driving
- Charges Involving Injuries to Persons – e.g. assault, cause of serious injury, murder, attempted murder
- Breaches of Intervention Orders
- Drug Offences – including use, possession, cultivation or dealing in illicit drugs
- Property Damage
- Theft – theft from premises, theft from person (robbery), blackmail, extortion
Worried about the likely penalty? Ready to get some common sense legal advice?
Contact us to talk to one of our traffic or criminal defense lawyers.